Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Grinch meets Big Bird!

Dr. Seuss came rushing to my mind the minute I laid eyes on the “Dianthus barbatus Green Trick ‘Temarisou”. The flower looks like it would only grow in Whoville, or that it could have given birth to the Grinch!!!! (it would definitely explain all the green fuzz) It is a green pompom looking flower on a stem that looks like the stem of a Carnation. To compliment my new green furry friend of a flower, I picked out some rather fuzzy looking yellow Sunflowers and some cool looking soccer ball like flowers that I don’t know the name of. I finally knew what it would look like if The Grinch and Big Bird got together!!!! They’d make a good couple if you ask me!

Cost: $20.00

The majority of the flowers went into an arrangement that my Mom had asked me to put together for her friend that she was going to visit for brunch.

Since I had some company coming over for dinner, I decided to make a very modern and sleek arrangement as a centerpiece for the table with the remainder of the flowers. After rummaging around the house, I decided to use wine glasses, two candle holders that were given to me as a gift, glass bowls, and other glass containers I found as vases for the flowers.



Tip: Sometimes, less is more. So don’t be afraid to use only one flower in a vase/container as a centerpiece or an accent.


No comments:

Post a Comment