Sunday, April 3, 2011

"Can" Do!

I enjoy collecting cans and tins. They have a multitude of functions, and are really fun and easy to dress up in different skins.
 I sauntered over to the San Francisco Farmer’s market this weekend, and paid $22 dollars for 3 bunches of Rununculus, and 2 bunches of Tulips. These flowers bring complete spring joy with all their color and texture.
 
Once I got home, I gathered my tins, cans, left over ribbon, and wrapping paper, and started to play dress up. This is the part that I love getting creative with. Mixing and matching papers and ribbons to my heart’s desire to come up with some fun designs.
 A word of caution; some tin cans are not sealed, so make sure you test them before you dress them up to avoid any leakage or spillage. If the tin cans are not sealed, you can create a simple lining with a  ziplock bag and a rubber band:
 Once the cans were dressed to my satisfaction, I started to play with the floral array that lay ahead of me.
 
The moral of the story is, with a little bit of mix and match, you too “can” create great arrangements for any occasion!

1 comment:

  1. Yasi so have many so many great ideas! I love it!
    Neely

    ReplyDelete